Sunday, May 04, 2008

Start of Semester

The semester started two weeks ago and the break seems hardly to have existed. Where did all the time go that we had planned for travel and for getting classes ready and for writing grants? At the moment it feels as if I must have spent two months sitting around doing nothing, though of course I know I didn't.

I do spend more time drawing that I used to. I read somewhere that everyone has several thousand bad drawings in them that have to be done before anything better is possible. At my current rate (one or two a week) I will need another two decades. Still, practice helps and maybe all the stick figures in kindergarten count for something.

This is a drawing of a photo of my grandfather, Erhard Siedel. I did the original to send to a relative who was asking about family history. One of these days, I must remember to use black ink. The blue ink is hard to scan.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Every few months I tell myself I'm going to go back to sketching in a sketch book... Drawing isn't necessarily my strong suit but I'm sure it would improve my graphic design skills.

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home