Friday, December 15, 2006

A busy week

This week has been unusually busy. I have not been home for dinner at a normal time since Monday. Tuesday was the Berlin Library Colloquium, where some of our students (and others) were reporting on their experiences in Korea at the International Federation of Library Associations. Wednesday was a dinner with colleagues, including one from the computer science department who teaches in our Institute (and is also very agreeable). Thursday was a meeting that the university president called with all the Institute directors to talk about the excellence initiative. And Friday was dinner with dear friends from East Lansing who now live in Baltimore and just happened to be in Berlin.

These days were not just long, but packed with meetings. Wednesday, for example, I was supposed to have a 9:00 meeting with a friend and colleague that I forgot about until 9:30. At 10:00 was a meeting about long-term archiving. 11:00 was a meeting about a project with the US Embassy. Then I had lunch with the friend and colleague whom I had neglected earlier. A meeting about curriculum planning came next, followed by the Institute's council meeting, which ended just in time for me to get over to the meeting of the council for the Philosophical Faculty I (to which my Institute belongs), where we heard a talk by a candidate for a Habilitation (the 2nd level German PhD) and voted to grant the degree.

Perhaps this explains why I have not kept up on the blog. I hope next week is quieter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home