Monday, October 23, 2006

Life in the Office

Actually life in the office is not much different in Germany than in the US. I wander in between 9:00 and 9:30, just as at MSU, an leave between 5:30 and 6:00. My secretary keeps somewhat earlier hours, and has an hour-long commute, because she lives some distance on the east side of the city (and the city is large).

I often go to the student cafeteria for a light lunch of bread and cheese, or occasionally soup. Many faculty think the cafeteria is too crowded now that the semester is well and truly underway. I had to share a table with some students today and suffered no apparent contamination. I read my book. They studied theirs.

Duane (from MSU Libraries for those who don't know him) asked for a picture from my office window. Actually I have three windows, but two look out onto the construction at the State Library. The view will be splendid when all the work is done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home