Sunday, October 29, 2006

Meera (Berlin's best restaurant)

I had dinner tonight at Meera, a restaurant at Leibnitzstrasse 45 in Charlottenburg that we visited years ago when it first opened. I worried about it at one time because getting a new restaurant started is a tricky business and at times we seemed to be the only visitors. Clearly it is doing well now. The food is inclined toward the Mediterranean with lots of excellent fish. Tonight I had spaghetti arrabiata and a salad with lots of mushrooms. In my opinion it is the best place to eat in Berlin. The fact that they remember me whenever I go in also adds some charm.

I looked at more apartments today, first walking to the le Corbusier Building from the Heerstr S-Bahn stop. The area is very green and pretty.

Then I looked at more places in the Hansa Quarter, incuding the building in the picture to the right. I did not see the actual apartment, only a model one room place that had just been fully renovated and looked great. The apartment we are interested in will not be available for viewing until December, but they plan to make special arrangements when Joan comes. If it is at all like the one I saw, it is a very reasonable prospect.

Afterwards I had planned to go to the Bode Museum, which has just reopened, but the line to get in stretched way outside the building.

1 Comments:

Blogger pbriggsiam said...

Hi,

I just google searched the blogs with Berlin as the search term.

It would be interesting if you could offer up some thoughts about where to stay in Berlin. What you've found worth seeing.

My wife and I live in Pasadena, CA (www.greeneggsandham.org) - not much of a website but that is us. We want to eventually live in Germany for a year or two and right now want to do a 1 week trip to Berlin.

Wenn Sie Zeit haben, ich mochte mit Sie besprechen via email (smile).

In the meantime I will read your other blog postings.

Regards,

Patrick Briggs
pbriggs@greeneggsandham.org

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home